February 15, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY



Yesterday was Valentine's Day. So for my two favorite Valentines I made a yummy apple pie. I started with the recipe from Mad Hungry a fun straightforward, book with many tasty recipes. I decided to try using honey in place of the sugar and my pie turned out quite delicious. There were no complaints from the my men. Here is my result. I used 4 Fuji, 2 Golden Delicious and 2 Granny Smith apples. Use whatever combination appeals to you. Just remember Granny Smith apples tend to lose a lot of their juices.This is a great recipe so even if you are a novice pie baker it is going to come out looking fantastic.

I also made a Valentine or two. I used some paper that I found at the local scrapbook store and was able to make two or three from half a sheet. I still have some left for my album. The heart is cut from a sheet of music from a vintage piano music book. It was really hard for me to tear the page out. However my friend bought if for just that purpose. Since I tore it out of her book I have started cutting up my books with poetry in them and putting small stanzas in my scrapbooks. I love it.

I will be going over to my scrapbook store and picking up the Lucky Me line by Bo Bunny and creating a Lucky garland for St. Patty's Day. I will post it by Sunday so you will have plenty of time to get it finished too.

Cheers -

1 comment:

  1. Your pie looks so nice! I wish I would have gotten a piece!!!

    ReplyDelete